- Calm – App for meditation/sleep, beginner to intermediate. Also includes tools for sleep (adult sleep
stories, nature sounds, other ambient noise.
- Headspace – Meditation, sleep, stress and mindfulness
- Insight Timer – Mediation, sleep, parenting, anxiety, stress
- 10% happier – Meditation and mindfulness
- Moodmission – Stress, low mood and anxiety
- Todolist – ADD support
- Be Safe – Resources and Personal Safety Plan
- ConnexGO -Ontario 24/7 Navigation to Mental Health, Substance Use, and Problem Gambling Services
- Lifeguard App -Overdose Prevention and Substance Use Support
- Joypop App – Youth support, stress management, self awareness skill building and social support
- Virtual Hope Box App- Safety planning for depressed individuals, depression support
- Sinaprite– Game-based mindfulness activities and cognitive behavioural therapy activities.
- PTSD Coach Canada App– PTSD symptom support, self-help tools.
- When I say no I feel guilty by Manuel Smith – Establishing healthy boundaries and not feeling guilty.
Separation and divorce
- Rebuilding when your relationship ends by Dr Bruce Fisher – Step by step guide to rebuilding after divorce/separation
Anxiety, Stress, Emotions
- The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund J Bourne – Tools and strategies for coping with anxiety, panic disorders and phobias.
- Mind over Mood by Dennis Greenberg – Helps to overcome emotional distress to feel happier, calmer and more confident through the use of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) strategies.
- The OCD Workbook 3rd edition by Bruce Hyman – Evidenced based approaches to understanding and managing OCD.
- When the Body Says No (The Cost of Hidden Stress) by Gabor Mate – How stress can become trapped in the body and manifest in physical symptoms or illness.
- 5 love languages by Gary Chapman – The author uses an approach that is intended to show the reader the showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner.
- After the Affair by Janis Abrahms Spring – Helps partners heal after an affair, addresses questions around why did it happen, how to regain trust and love, sexual intimacy after the affair.
Loss and Grief
- Life After Loss by Bob Deits – A resource for anyone who has experienced loss (death, divorce, employment, life changes)
- Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers by Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Mate.
- The Addiction Recovery Skills Workbook by Suzette Glasner-Edwards (Addiction)
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate (Addiction)
- Changing for Good by Prochaska (Making Changes/ Behaviour)
- Brené Brown’s Life Advice on Emotions Will Leave You Speechless – Video relating to understanding emotions and connecting to others
- How to deal with toxic family relationships, Johnson Chong, TEDxRoland Park – Video relating to challenging family dynamics, and how to attempt to renegotiate relationships that meet your needs.
- Making Marriage Work – Dr. John Gottman – This is a longer video (about 45 minutes), but includes key elements to building and fostering a healthy relationship.
- Rethinking infidelity…a talk for anyone who has ever loved – Esther Perel– A video discussing infidelity, why it may happen, and what to expect when you try to repair.
- How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime – Nadine Burke Harris – A look at the ACE (adverse childhood effects) study and how it affects health on many levels.
- Why domestic violence victims don’t leave – Leslie Morgan Steiner – TRIGGER WARNING – This video describes scenes of domestic violence, but also looks at ending the stigma around victims of domestic violence.
- We don’t “move on” from grief. We move forward with it – Nora McInerny – Coping with grief and loss.
- On Purpose with Jay Shetty – Various topics on mental wellness, trauma and other topics.
- Psych Health and Safety in Canada Podcast– Psychological health and Safety in the workplace
- Inside Mental Health – Various topics on Mental health
- Radio Headspace – Podcast relating to meditation and other strategies to maintain mental wellness
- Ten Percent Happier Podcast– Practical teachings on mindfulness & meditation to make your life better.
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations– Oprah interviews with thought-leaders, best-selling authors, spiritual leaders, as well as health and wellness experts.
- Mental health – TBDHU
- Healthline: mental health and resources
- Psychotherapy: How therapy helps
- Symptoms and treatments of mental disorders
- Guides and publications on mental health issues
- Info on mental illness and addiction, including treatment and recovery
- Types of treatment
- Medication therapies
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- Free online mental health tutorials
- Mental Health information
- Psychology and Mental Health News
- Post Partum Mood Difficulties
- Relationships – Psych Central
- Parenting – Psychology Today
Community Resources and Information