BSC’s counsellors are available to provide services related to challenges that managers may experience. This may include: workplace conflict, team functioning and performance management issues.
A Local EFAP Offering Personalized Services for Your Employees
BSC provides your employees with comprehensive wellness and counselling services. These services are tailored specifically to the needs of each individual to support their overall wellbeing.
- Easy access for your employees, with offices in Thunder Bay
- Services focused on the needs of individuals living and working in Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario
- Working relationships with our community resources and services
- Distance services to meet the needs of your employees (telephone, e-counselling)
- Professional, confidential & evidence-based services with qualified professionals
- Short wait times
- Services that will promote employee wellbeing and satisfaction
As part of the St. Joseph’s Care Group, we are guided by the core values of care, compassion, commitment, and client-centered care.
BSC Differentiating Features
We know there are many choices out there when it comes to EFAP Providers. Where we differ is on our commitment to the North with therapists that have contextualized knowledge of what individuals are facing because they to, live and work in the North. As part of St Josephs Care Group we are committed to the health of people living in in our communities, because their health is intrinsically linked to our own in the communities we call home.
With BSC you can trust that:
- You will always have the option to see someone in person, and will consistently be able to see the same counsellor.
- Our team is well connected to existing community supports to link you with tangible resources and system navigation, and will support you through that transition.
- Knowing that it takes 8-12 sessions to support someone with a given problem, our base contract starts at 8 sessions with seamless step up for additional sessions if needed.
Choosing BSC is also good for the Community at large – purchasing services through BSC allows us to:
- Train new Mental Health staff through our Internship Program with the aim of retaining those disciplines in the North.
- Through the Intern Program – offering sliding scale mental health services where individuals would otherwise not have access to mental health supports.
Our EFAP Services Include:
Management Consultation Services
Critical Incident Stress Debriefing and Other Diffusing/Support Services
Since 1987, BSC has provided timely on-site response to a large number of critical incidents in a variety of work settings including schools, hospitals, and industries throughout the region.
All members of our counselling team have undergone specific training in Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD) techniques. Our counsellors have also received specialized training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy for individual treatment of post-traumatic stress.
Workshops and Seminars
BSC’s team of counsellors can develop or adapt group workshops tailored to employer/employee needs upon request. These customized workshops can address specific issues and solutions relevent to the unique needs of your workplace.
BSC counsellors operate under multiple layers of ethics and conduct regulations. As a department of SJCG, all employees of BSC are required to fully subscribe to and follow the SJCG Principles of Conduct.
BSC tailors all EFAP packages to the needs of employers and employees depending on several factors including the size of the organization and the number of employees. Please contact BSC for more information about setting up an EFAP.